Last November, Mayor Bill de Blasio unveiled an action plan to grow 21st Century industrial and manufacturing jobs in NYC and announced the launch of Futureworks NYC, a network of programs, services, and spaces to support the growth of NYC’s advanced manufacturing ecosystem.
Futureworks NYC aims to support the development of advanced manufacturing technology, its use by researchers and entrepreneurs, and adoption by manufacturing businesses. The Services will collectively drive advance manufacturing technology development and dissemination in NYC.
Through Futureworks NYC, NYCEDC seeks to:
• Create a world-class center dedicated to the field of advanced manufacturing
• Develop services to support the City’s researchers, technologists, entrepreneurs, and businesses
• Catalyze growth through affordable access to production tools, technologies, and business support
• Drive the development of technology that will lead to the formation and expansion of production-oriented companies in the City
• Attract companies with high-growth-potential disciplines
• Connect, complement, and build on the capabilities of the City’s existing business community, institutions and production landscape
• Expand the City’s production sector and contribute to overall economic growth
The hallmark of Futureworks NYC will be a state of the art Advanced Manufacturing Center to be housed in the Brooklyn Army Terminal which will provide aspiring entrepreneurs and businesses affordable access to workspace and equipment. To learn more about Futureworks NYC and procurement opportunities related to the initiative, please visit the RFP webpage.